Assembly: RevitAPI (in RevitAPI.dll) Version: 2015.0.0.0 (2015.0.0.0)
Rebar host elements keep track of the "exposed faces," those that are not completely concealed by another rebar host. Faces may be concealed by joins; for instance, the top face of a beam that supports a slab is concealed. Faces can also be concealed by adjacency; for instance, the bottom face of a column that is supported by a foundation. Each exposed face of a rebar host must have a valid CoverType associated with it.
Rebar hosts also have cover parameters, providing a limited interface to the GetCoverType and SetCoverType methods. Each parameter simply gets or sets the cover setting associated with one or more particular faces of the host.
- CLEAR_COVER_EXTERIOR (walls only)
- CLEAR_COVER_INTERIOR (walls only)
- CLEAR_COVER_OTHER (all hosts except in-place families and stairs)
- CLEAR_COVER (in-place families and stairs)
- CLEAR_COVER_TOP (all hosts except walls, in-place families, and stairs)
- CLEAR_COVER_BOTTOM (all hosts except walls, in-place families, and stairs)